Organic Thai Acorn Squash Soup
• 1 whole large organic acorn squash
• 1 1/3 cups organic coconut water, unsweetened
• 3 1/2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
• 1 medium organic white onion, minced
• 6 cloves organic garlic, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon organic Thai spice
• 1/2 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon organic white pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon organic curry powder
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/3 cup organic lime juice
• 1 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
• 1 14 ounce can organic sweetened condensed milk
1. Cut acorn squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place cut side down on
foil-lined baking sheet coated with extra virgin olive oil. Roast until tender,
approximately 45 minutes. Remove from oven and once cool, remove
squash from skin.
2. In blender, combine squash, coconut water, and 1/2 tablespoon extra
virgin olive oil and blend until smooth puree forms.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium
heat. Add onion and garlic, sautéing until softened. Stir in spices, salt, and
lime juice, cooking until warm, approximately 1 minute. Slowly add chicken
broth and milk. Bring to a boil stirring constantly, approximately 2 minutes.
4. Pour soup into blender and process until smooth. Ladle into soup bowls and serve.